These terms (“terms”) apply to your use the PiPA service as a consumer. These terms apply however you access our services, whether by way of a website, app or other electronic service offered by us.
These Terms set out your relationship with PiPA Solutions Limited (“we”, “us” or “PiPA”). Please read these terms carefully as they affect your legal rights and obligations.
Our website, app and other services provided by us via any technology or media shall together be referred to as the “Service”.
- This Service provides an authentication and verification service which allows individuals to authenticate and verify their identity, store passwords with the Service and use the Service to access goods and services which may require authentication.
- These terms will apply to our registered users and anyone who accesses or views our Service ("you").
- These terms do not apply to businesses or organisations who use our Service to verify their employees, customers or users for which separate terms will apply
- By using the Service, you agree to be bound by these terms.
- Please note that these terms and conditions may be changed from time to time. Notification of any changes will be made by posting new terms to our website or Service. In continuing to use the Service you confirm that you accept the then-current terms and conditions in full at the time you use the Service. If you do not accept any varied terms then you may cancel your registration.
- In order to use the Service you will need to register with us. When you register we will need some personal information including your full name, date of birth and email address.
- You may opt to participate in our verification service which allows you to prove your identity to third parties. This may include verifying your age, identity and photo. To do this we may require that you upload ID documents which may include a passport, driving licence, utility bill or other form of ID. Your information and documents are encrypted by the Service. You can allow decryption and access to your information to third parties by granting permission to those third parties.
- To use our Service as an individual on a stand-alone basis, you must be 13 years or older. We may offer a family account which allows a parent to register a child who is under 13 with the Service, and any applicable permissions on the account will be given by the parent or the parent and the minor.
- We may require authentication and access to the Service by various methods including fingerprints, facial recognition, timed passcodes or patterns.
- If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of your account we may request or require that you change your registration details, re-authenticate your account or choose a new authentication method.
- We may suspend your account at any time if we or our systems detect suspicious or unusual activity. Until you have re-authenticated your account or we have reactivated your account you will not be able to access the Service.
- We reserve the right to cancel your registration at any time if we have reason to believe that you have breached these terms.
- Your account profile will contain personal and contact information. You are responsible for ensuring that the information displayed on your profile is current and up-to-date.
- If you register to use the Service you will be required to set up an authentication method (e.g. fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, timed passcode or pattern). In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this method confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone.
- Please note that if you access the Service using a device with more than one authenticated user (e.g. if more than one individual can unlock the device with their fingerprint) then your authentication method which you select for the Service must be unique to you.
- You must not share your authentication method with anyone else.
- You will be responsible for any authentication or verification which is made by the Service which arises due to any person other than you being aware of your authentication method or being entitled to unlock your device.
- Our Service will allow you to store passwords for a range of online services and accounts.
- If you are using our Service as a password manager you can use your authentication method with the Service to access other online services, and we strongly recommend that you adopt a strong authentication method.
- The Service will allow you to store passwords for your online services, please note that by storing your passwords with the Service this does not offer any level of enhanced security or protection unless you adopt other measures. As such we recommend that each password you store with the Service is itself a strong password which incorporates letters (upper and lower case), numbers and symbols.
- If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and change your password immediately.
- You will need to log in to any third party services to change your password for those .services. Please note also that if someone obtains your password for a third party service you will need to contact that service to change your password.
- The Service will allow third party organisations to access information you have stored with us. We will only provide this information if you have given permission for this. This permission can be granted on a one-off basis or permanently and you can change these permissions at any time.
- Please note that if you grant permission to a third party to access your personal information we are not responsible for any use made by that third party of your information and you should only grant permission to trusted third parties. You may also want to view their privacy notices or policies for more information about how they process personal data.
- Certain functionality may only be available to registered and verified users, who have agreed to subscribe to the Service (“Subscribers”) by paying a subscription fee.
- When you agree to subscribe, you will choose a subscription type. We may offer different types of subscription with different levels of service and functionality available for each subscription type. We may also offer different subscription periods and we may allow you to subscribe monthly, annually or on some other periodic basis. Please refer to clause 5 of these terms and conditions for details on our fees, payments and refund policy for paid-for Services.
- Please note that we reserve the right to add or remove services and functionality from any subscription type or to add or remove subscription types. When we change our subscription types you will be entitled to keep your existing subscription until the end of your then-current subscription period and at the end of that period you will be required to subscribe on the new basis.
- Please note that in the event that you fail to pay any subscription fees which are due for your subscription we have the right to suspend your access to the relevant subscriber Service immediately.
- If any fees paid or payable by you for your subscription are subsequently disputed by your bank or card provider and withdrawn from us by way of a chargeback or otherwise we have the right to suspend your access to the subscriber Service immediately.
- We may offer a free trial period during which we allow you, for a limited period, to access functionality which is usually only available to subscribers using the paid-for Service. Once a trial period ends if you do not take out a paid-for subscription we reserve the right to withdraw your access to the Service. We may, at our sole discretion, extend any trial period.
- You agree that all information that you supply to us will be accurate, complete and kept up to date at all times.
- By using the Service you are confirming and warranting to us that you are the named individual whose details you have provided to us. You also confirm that all of the information you have provided to us is complete and accurate and all documents provided to us are genuine documents.
- You are not entitled to impersonate anybody else using the Service or otherwise provide false, inaccurate or misleading information.
- If we believe that you have used the Service for any fraudulent purposes or if we believe that your account has been used for fraudulent purposes then we reserve the right to inform any third party services which you have accessed as well as any relevant public authorities including the police and the information commissioner’s office.
- The Service is provided for legitimate personal and business purposes only.
- We reserve the right to remove any account at our discretion at any time, without giving reasons if we suspect that an account is being operated in breach of these terms.
- We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Service, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify the Service or any software which we use to operate the Service, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent.
- You agree that you will not:
- impersonate any other person whether or not that other person is a user of the Service
- solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- do anything unlawful, fraudulent misleading or malicious using the Service.
- The Service may allow you to create or share content. Any content which is distributed by the Service or which you integrate with the Service which we refer to as “Content” in these terms must comply with our content standards.
- You agree that any Content will be your own creation or will be Content which you are entitled to use and distribute and will not be used in breach of any intellectual property rights.
- Any Content will be your personal responsibility. You will be personally liable for all claims relating to defamation, breach of intellectual property, privacy or any other claim arising from your Content.
- You agree to indemnify us in relation to any liability we may suffer as a result of any claims relating to defamation, breach of intellectual property, privacy or any other claim arising from your Content.
- You agree that you will not publish any offensive, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, fraudulent or illegal Content.
- In particular you agree not to use the Service to distribute any Content which:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses any person or advocates harassment of any person;
- displays or promotes pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- does anything or promotes any conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- is illegal, infringes intellectual property rights, defames any person, breaches confidentiality or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyright work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- provides instruction information about illegal activities, such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone else's privacy or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personally identifying information from other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know to be false or misleading;
- contains personal information e.g. names or contact details (unless permission has been sought from the holder of the relevant personal information); or
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes.
- By creating or integrating your Content with the Service you agree that we will be entitled to use such Content for the purposes of delivering the Service. We reserve the right to investigate and remove any Content at any time and for any reason.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You agree not to upload any files or post, distribute publish any files on or using the Service that contain viruses, corrupted files, or malicious code or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- You must not misuse the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service, the server on which our services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Service. You must not attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses, a distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Service or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that our Service will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted or interrupted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services or because we are unable to offer the Service for reasons beyond our control (such as a denial of service attack). In this event we will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can. Access to the Service may be restricted whether or not you have registered with us. Any such restrictions or interruptions shall not constitute a breach by us of these terms.
- We will operate the Service with the reasonable skill and care of an online service provider. Services provided do not extend to monitoring or supervision of passwords, services accessed, or third parties whom you have granted access permissions.
- We are not liable for the services or activities of any third party service even if the relevant service is linked to or accessed using the Service.
- From time to time it may be necessary to suspend access to the Service for a period of time and any such interruptions shall not constitute a breach by us of these terms. Our liability to you for breach of contract will be strictly limited to the subscription price (if any) actually paid by you to us.
- We will not be liable for any business or financial loss and we will not be liable for any loss which is not foreseeable by us (such as lost reputation, lost profit or lost opportunity) arising as a result of your use of the Service. This applies even if the loss incurred or suffered as a result of our negligence.
- We will not be liable if information you have posted and stored on the Service is lost, corrupted or damaged.
- Nothing in these terms will limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence.
Cancellation and Termination
You can terminate your agreement for any paid-for subscription Services at any time within 14 days of receipt of our confirmation email confirming that your account is live and receive a refund (of the unused proportion of your subscription period). To terminate your agreement with us with 14 days of the start of your agreement with us you do not need to give any reason and you can use the cancellation form below:
To: PiPA Solutions Limited of 10 Queen Street Place, London, UK, EC4R 1AG
I/We hereby give notice that I/We cancel my/our contract for the supply of the following service:
Confirmation received on:
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s),:
Signed (you are only required to sign if returning by post):
You can cancel your agreement with us at any time on 28 days’ notice after the initial 14 day period has expired but if we receive your request to cancel after the initial 14 day period we will not refund any amounts paid to us.
On receipt of a communication from you to us cancelling your registration we will delete your registration and we reserve the right to delete any content or information stored with us.
We may allow you to access and re-activate your account unless we have deleted your data in which case you will need to re-register with the Service in the event that you wish to use the Service again. We will not be liable for any loss of your information once your membership is terminated.
We reserve the right to terminate your membership immediately without notice if in our opinion you have breached these terms.
Our website or apps may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Service complies with relevant laws and codes. We will not be responsible to you for any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship material.
Other Sites and Services
The Service facilitates access to and may link to other websites, services or materials which are beyond our control. We are not responsible for content or services other than the Service.
- The format and content of the Service (including but not limited to the Service layout, codes, systems and logic of organisation) is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and we reserve all rights in relation to our copyright whether owned or licensed to us and all rights are reserved to any of our registered and unregistered trademarks (whether owned or licensed to us) which appear on the Service.
- We reserve all rights to the name ‘PiPA’ and any other trading style used in connection with the Service.
- You agree not to, and shall not permit any third party to (i) make available in any way for the use or benefit of any unauthorised party, the Service, related materials or other proprietary information unless we agree in writing; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble from or derive any source code for the Service or any components thereof except as permitted by law; (iii) remove, deface, obscure, or alter our or any third party's copyright notices, trademarks or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or provided as part of the Service; (iv) modify, incorporate into or use the Service with other software; (v) not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Service for any purpose without our written consent.
- The Service is intended for use in the United Kingdom and we cannot guarantee that the Service will be appropriate for other jurisdictions.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations which apply to your use of our Service in whatever country you are physically located, including without limitation, consumer law, export control laws and regulations.
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Please note that although these terms are subject to English law you may be entitled to rely on certain consumer protection laws in your country of residence.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, then we will still be entitled to take action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
- We will not be responsible for any breach of these terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We may make changes to the format of the Service at any time without notice.